Alabama Business Corporation Registry Search
The Business Services Division of the Alabama Secretary of State deals with keeping record of all those business entities that are incorporated in Alabama. Every business filing and authorization taking place in the state are recorded in the business registry of the Alabama Secretary of State. The following types of entities have their details recorded in the business corporation registry.
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Alabama Business Entity Search
A registered business entity with the Alabama Secretary of State can be searched based on the following search options.
- Entity Name
- Entity ID
- Officer, agent or corporator name
- Reservation by ID
- Month and year
All the search options are mentioned at the bottom of the search page and you can click on any of the options of your choice to search for an business entity in Alabama.
The guidelines below are illustrated assuming you have chosen entity or corporation name as your search option. Read on to understand the process better.
- Click here to go to the search page. The page which appears looks like the screenshot given below.
- Key in the entity name in the appropriate field. In order to conduct a sample search, let us type in Digium in the entity name field.
- Click on Search button for the result page to follow. The result page contains a list of entities that contains the name given as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on an entity name. A page containing detailed information on the entity will appear. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
Information On SOS Alabama (AL)
The Office : The Secretary of State (SOS) of Alabama is one of the constitutional offices in the US state Alabama. The office actually predates the Alabama statehood. Initially the Secretary of State of Alabama served a term of two years and now it has been changed into an office of four year term. Previously a legislature appointed office, it is now popularly elected by the residents of the state.
The current Alabama Secretary of State is John Merill of Tuscaloosa.
The Secretary of State of Alabama is the guardian of the Seal of the State and is also in charge of the public records and the state archives. In addition, the Alabama Secretary of State also heads the following departments of the state:
- Business Services Division
- Administrative Services Division
- The Elections Division
- The Government Records Division