Arizona Business Entity Search
Updated: February 24th, 2018
If you are looking for the name of a business entity in Arizona, the Arizona Corporation Commission has a database that allows its users to access information on business entities such as business name, address, agent name, date business started, whether the business is in good standing, officer information and much more. The types of businesses that can be looked up include:
- Domestic Corporation
- Foreign Corporation
- Limited Partnership
- Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Foreign Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Not-for-Profit Corporation
While sole proprietorships and partnerships are not required to register their business, if they want to do business under a name other than their personal name, they are required to file a Trade Name. The Arizona Secretary of State records To look up sole proprietorships and partnerships. To search the Trade Name records, visit the Arizona Secretary of State.
Arizona Business Name Search
The database in the Arizona Corporation Commission website lets you access information about any business entity in the state based on the following information:
- Business name
- Filing number
- Applicant or Agent Name
Below is our simplified guideline to help you search for business entities in the state:
1. Start with the Search Page for finding registered entities in Arizona (it will look like the screenshot below).
2. You can conduct the search by Filing Number, Applicant/Agent Name or Registered Name. Let’s conduct a sample search by Registered Name. Let’s type in “A Swollen Thumb Contracting Corporation” in the “Registered Name” field (see the screenshot below for reference).
3. Click on the “Search” button. The Results Page with a list of business entities with the name you typed in will then appear.
There are two results for A Swollen Thumb. The trade name will be for sole proprietorships and partnerships. Since the Trade Name is registered with the Secretary of State, you will have to search there for more information. The link for the corporation is what we will select to find more information about that business.
4. On the Results Page, click on the ID number to get further details on the entity.
On the Results Page, you can file the business entity’s online reports, as well as download its annual reports. This report shows the business name, domestic address, agent name & address, date of incorporation, the type of business activity, the county where the business resides, officers of the corporation, the dates the annual report was filed and a copy of the annual report. For a small fee, you can also order a certificate of good standing for the business entity.
Information on the Arizona (AZ) SOS
An elected state executive officer of the state, the Arizona Secretary of State is the keeper of the Great Seal of the State. The current Arizona Secretary of State, Michelle Reagan, was sworn into office in January 2015 and is currently serving a four-year term.
Arizona does not have an office of the lieutenant governor, in effect making the Secretary of State first in succession to the Governor.
The Arizona Secretary of State is in charge of four divisions, namely:
- Arizona Advance Directive Registry
- Business Services Division
- Elections Division
- Public Services Division