Arkansas Business Entity Search
Updated: February 24th, 2018
The Business and Commercial Services Division of the Arkansas Secretary of State records all filings and incorporations of businesses formed in the state. The Division keeps all information related to businesses registered in Arkansas. Types of business entities incorporated in the state include Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships.
Sole proprietorships and partnerships are not registered with the Secretary of State and they are not able to be searched. To find the names of the owner’s of these entities, you will have to visit the County Clerk’s office in the county where the business is located to obtain that information.
How to do an Arkansas Business Entity & Corporation Registration Search
To navigate through the Division database, you need to have one of the following information handy:
- Corporation Type
- Entity Name
- Fictitious Name
- Registered Agent
- Registered Agent City
- Registered Agent State
- Filing Number
Read our simplified guideline for a better understanding of the Arkansas business entity search process:
1. Go to the official website of the Arkansas Secretary of State and click on “Business Search” under the “Business and Commercial Services” section of the site to start your search. It must be noted that filling out all the fields is not mandatory (but we do advise filling them out in case you want to narrow your search).
2. Assuming you have the business entity name handy, the search can be made by entering the business name. For this example, type in “Arvest Bank” in the entity name field (See the screenshot below for reference).
3. Click on “Search” and the Results Page with a list of business entities will appear (as shown in the screenshot below).
4. You can click on the entity’s name to access more details. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
Information on the Arkansas (AR) SOS
The most senior political appointee within the state, the constitutional office of the Arkansas Secretary of State is responsible for carrying out a number of governmental functions. Currently, the office is held by Mark Martin.
The Arkansas Secretary of State is the person in charge of a number of duties in which are delegated to the following seven divisions:
- The Buildings and Grounds Division
- The Business and Commercial Services Division
- The Communication and Education Division
- The Elections Division
- The Fiscal office
- State Capitol Gift Shop
- State Capitol Police