Arkansas Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Business and Commercial Services Division of the Arkansas Secretary of State records all filings and incorporations of businesses formed in the state. The Division keeps all information related to businesses registered in Arkansas. Types of business entities incorporated in the state include Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships.
Arkansas Business Entity Search
To navigate through the Division database, you need to have one of the following information handy:
- Corporation Type
- Entity Name
- Fictitious Name
- Registered Agent
- Registered Agent City
- Registered Agent State
- Filing Number
Read our simplified guideline for a better understanding of the search process:
1. Go to the official website of the Arkansas Secretary of State and click on “Business Search” under the “Business and Commercial Services” section of the site to start your search. You can directly start your search by clicking here. It must be noted that filling out all the fields is not mandatory (but we do advise filling them out in case you want to narrow your search).
2. Assuming you have the business entity name handy, let us conduct a search based on that. Type in “Arvest Bank” in the entity name field (See the screenshot below for reference).
3. Click on “Search” and the Results Page with a list of business entities will appear (as shown in the screenshot below).
4. You can click on the entity’s name to access more details. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
Information on the Arkansas (AR) SOS
The most senior political appointee within the state, the constitutional office of the Arkansas Secretary of State is responsible for carrying out a number of governmental functions. Currently, the office is held by Mark Martin.
The Arkansas Secretary of State is the person in charge of a number of duties in which are delegated to the following seven divisions:
- The Buildings and Grounds Division
- The Business and Commercial Services Division
- The Communication and Education Division
- The Elections Division
- The Fiscal office
- State Capitol Gift Shop
- State Capitol Police