Delaware Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 14th, 2017
The Division of Corporations of the Delaware Secretary of State maintains the record of business entities filed in the state. The record contains history of every company or entity that is registered under the Delaware Secretary of State.
The Division holds information regarding the following entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Company
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited liability partnership
Delaware Business Entity Search
If you intend to find information about any business entity registered under the Delaware Secretary of State, you have come to the right place. Here, we’ve broken down the steps to help make your search easier.
To start your search, you need to have the entity name or file number handy (this is a unique identification number given to a company during registration).
Below is our simple step-by-step guideline of how to find a registered entity in Delaware:
1. Click here to go to the Search Page (see the screenshot below for reference).
2. Type in the Entity Name in the required field. You can also fill in the File Number (this is not mandatory however).For our example, let’s type in the name “DuPont” in the “Entity Name” field.
3. Click on the “Search” button. The Results Page will give you information regarding the entity name and file number as shown in the screenshot below (in this case, for DuPont).
4. Click on the name for more detailed information like file number, entity kind, and residency. Refer to the screenshot below:
5. You can also download the annual report of an entity from the website (also, you can download important documents for a certain fee).
Information on SOS Delaware (DE)
The Secretary of State of Delaware heads the Department of State of Delaware which oversees several public and government services. The current Secretary of State is Jeffrey W. Bullock.
The Delaware Secretary of State has a variety of responsibilities in the state, including economic development, transportation, education, culture and lifestyle issues of residents. He provides directions and frames policies for the various departments of the state.
The Delaware Secretary of State is also the head of Board of Pardons and is a member of the Delaware Economic and Finance Advisory Council (DEFAC).