District of Columbia Business Corporation Registry Search
The corporation registry of the District of Columbia keeps record of all the business entities registered under the Secretary of State. The registry has information regarding Corporations, Limited Companies, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships.
District of Columbia Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State facilitates an online search tool for the public which can be used to find the entities registered and filed under the District of Columbia Secretary of State.
To check the availability of business corporate in the state, you need to have the following information with you:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- License Category
- License Number
To assist you on your search for entities, we have illustrated the simplified steps below which you may follow to make the search process easy:
- To begin with your search for a corporate entity registered with the District of Columbia Secretary of State, click on this link. It will directly take you to the search page which looks similar to the screenshot below.
- The search page by default is set to search by name. You can set your search criteria by clicking on any of the tabs.
- Let us search by Business Entity name. Type in the name in the required field for example you may type “Bloom” in input box.
- Click on Find and the result page with a list of companies with the business entity name provided will follow.
Apart from information, you can also download the annual reports of the company you are finding. There are also online tools to fine online complaint regarding licenses and filings. You can also go for online filing through the SOS website. Some services are provided free of cost while some of them are chargeable.
Information of SOS District of Columbia (DC)
The District of Columbia Secretary of State is one of the highest government offices in the state, responsible for a wide range of public services. The current Secretary of State is Cynthia Brock-Smith.
The Secretary of District of Columbia is the custodian of the Seal of the State. He provides protocol, authentication and public records management services on the behalf of Mayor and other governing agencies. The Secretary of State of the Dist of Columbia plays a functional role in the following:
- Ceremonial Services Unit
- Office of Documents and Administrative Issuance
- Office of Notary Commissions and Authentication
- Office of Protocol and International affairs
- Office of the Secretary
Select the State Where the Corporation is Registered: