Georgia Corporation & Entity Search
Updated: February 14th, 2017
The Corporations Division of the Georgia Secretary of State maintains records of all individuals and business entities registered and licensed in the state. The Division’s database contains information regarding the following type of entities and companies:
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
To search the Corporations Division for an entity, you need to have one of the following information with you:
- Business Name
- Control Number
- Officer Name
- Registered Agent
If you want to search by Business Name, Officer Name, or Registered Agent, you can narrow down your search by using radio buttons On the other hand, the search by Control Number, Officer is straightforward and will give you results directly.
Georgia Business Entity Search Procedure
Searching for an entity along with its details is a gruesome process. We have created a simple step-by-step process to make your search easier.
1. Click here to go to the Search Page (it will look similar to the screenshot below).
2. Choose your search type. For this example, let’s search by Business Name. Type in the name “Exide” in the “Business Name” field, toggle one of the radio buttons to either widen or narrow your search, then click “Search” (see the screenshot below for reference).
3. Click the “Search” button; the Results Page will then appear with a list of entities containing the given name and their respective details. To access more information on an entity, you can click their name.
4. Here you can then see the details of the corporate record for the Georgia business entity.
The screenshot for the results of the Business Entity Name “Exide” shows as follows: Corporation Name, Business Type, Control Number, Effective Date, Jurisdiction, Principal Office Address, and Registered Agent information.
Information on the SOS of Georgia (GA)
The Georgia Secretary of State is one of the highest government offices in state and performs several duties. Apart from being the keeper of the State Seal, the Secretary of State of Georgia is also a custodian of the state flag, signs and symbols.
The current Georgia Secretary of State is Brian P. Kemp.
The Georgia Secretary of State is responsible for a wide range of state duties. The Divisions that the Secretary of State of Georgia handles include the following: