Georgia Corporation Registry Search
The database of the Georgia Secretary of State has records of all individuals and business entities registered and licensed under the SOS. The registry has information regarding the following type of entities and companies:
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
To search the Georgia SOS for a business or corporation, you need to have one of the following information with you:
- Business Name
- Control Number
- Officer Name
- Registered Agent
There are also some radio buttons provided with the search tool which you have to select and will help in narrowing down your search if you are using Business name.
On the other hand, the search by using Control Number, Officer or Registered agent is straight forward and will directly give you results.
Georgia Business Entity Search Procedure
Without any doubt, searching for an entity along with its details is a gruesome process. You can follow the simplified process which is illustrated below:
- Click here to go to the search page. The page looks like as under.
- Key in the name of the entity in the Inquiry field. If you want to search by entity name then put the Search Type to Entity Name and then key in the business name. If you want to search by Control number or registered agent, you can put the search type to the same.
For a sample, let us key in the name “Exide” in place of Inquiry. Here the search type is Entity Name. Please refer to the screenshot below.
- Now toggle onto the radio buttons to broaden your search. Choose Exact for exact matches or Starts With for every entity starting with the entity name provided. In this case “Exide”.
- Now click on the Search button. The result page will follow.
The screen shot for the results of Business Entity Name “Exide” is as follows:Details of companies like Control Number, Effective Date, Status, Model Type, Locale and qualifier are displayed.
By clicking on an entity you will get advanced information of the same.
Information on SOS Georgia (GA)
The Office :
The Georgia Secretary of State, like in the other states, is one of the highest government offices. It is an elected constitutional office, the head of which is appointed by the Governor. Apart from the keeper of the Great Seal of Georgia, the Secretary of State of Georgia is also a custodian of the state flag and other signs and symbols associated with the state.
The current head of the Georgia SOS is Brian Kemp who was preceded by Karen Handel.
The Georgia Secretary of State is responsible for a wide range of state duties. Some of the duties that the Secretary of State of Georgia handles are as follows:
- Monitoring and supervising state elections.
- Campaigning financial disclosure
- Preservation of public records
- Providing programs related to education
- Licensing businesses
- Monitoring and registering businesses and professionals.
Select the State Where the Corporation is Registered: