Hawaii Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Business Registration Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs of the State of Hawaii maintains a record of commercial enterprises and business entities registered in the state of HI. The record stores information of the following type of entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Hawaii Business Entity Search
To access information of business entities registered in the state of Hawaii, you need to know the business entity name.
To narrow down your search further, you can also make use of the radio buttons (you can choose “Begins With” or “Contains” from the drop down menu).
Assuming you have the business entity name handy, read our step-by-step procedure on using the state’s Division’s online search tool.
1. Click here to begin your search. The Search Page will look like the screenshot below.
2. Type in the business name in the required field. For this example, let’s choose “Begins With” as our search criteria and type in the sample name “Pacific Wings”.
3. Click on “Search”. The business entities with the names “Pacific Wings” will appear along with their Record Type, File Number. and Status.
4. You can also narrow down the search in the Results Page by applying filters like Status, Record Type, and Entity Type (see the screenshot below for reference).
5. If you want access more details on a business entity, then click on their name.
You can also download annual reports by scrolling down the page.
Information on the Hawaii (HI) SOS
As Hawaii does not have a Secretary of State, the responsibility of registering and recording business entities in the state belongs to the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. More specifically, the Department’s Business Registration Division oversees business filings and records in the state.
Aside from maintaining the records of business entities in the state, the Business Registration Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs also registers and stores information on trade names, trademarks, service marks, and publicity name rights.