Illinois Business Corporation Registry Search
The Secretary of State of Illinois maintains one of the largest databases in the country and has records of about 466,000 corporations and 230,000 limited liability entities.
The business database has information regarding the following:
- Not for Profit Corporations
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited liability Companies
The database is provided for individual search only.
Illinois Business Entity Search
To continue with your search, you need to know the name of the Corporate or LLC or both depending on what you want to search for.
You also need to choose from the method of search to narrow down your search results. The search methods include:
- Partial Word
- File Number
We have illustrated the steps to find a search entity in Illinois to make the search process easier for you.
Please follow the below mentioned steps.
- Click here to go to the search page. It looks like as follows.
- It’s time to choose the type of your search, whether a corporate, LLC or both. Click on the radio Buttons to select the same. Here we select Corporate and LLC.
- Select the method of search by clicking on the radio buttons. Here we select By name.
- Now enter the Business Entity name in the field. For a sample, let us type in Exelon as the business name. The screenshot illustrates the process.
- Click on Submit button and the result will follow.
The results for “Exelon” are as shown in the screenshot.
When you click on a business name, you will get the detail file report like File number, status, entity type, type of corporation, qualification date etc.
Refer to the screenshot below for Exelon Business Services Company.
Information on SOS Illinois (IL)
The second largest constitutional office of the state, the Secretary of State of Illinois is an elected governmental institution. The Secretary of State of Illinois is one such government office which is visited by more Illinois residents than any other offices.
The current Secretary of State is Jesse White who is a Democratic and joined the office at 1999.
The Secretary of State is the custodian of the public records and archives. The Illinois Secretary of State is the keeper of state laws, state records and library. For the residents of Illinois, the office of the Secretary of State is a place where they go for Vehicle registration and issuance of license for drivers.
Select the State Where the Corporation is Registered: