Kansas Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Business Services Filing Center maintains records of all the business entities which are registered with the Secretary of State of Kansas. However, the Kansas Secretary of State doesn’t register fictitious names, proprietorships, trademarks or trade names.
Entities registered and recorded in the Center include Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships.
Kansas Business Entity Search
The Kansas Secretary of State facilitates an online tool where users can search for business entities registered with the Secretary of State of Kansas.
Below is our easy-to-read guideline to help you with your search for entities in Kansas.
1. Clicks here to begin your search. You will be taken to the Business Entity Search Station (the page looks like the screenshot below).
2. Next, click on the first bullet point (“Business Entity Database”). The page which appears looks something like the screenshot below.
3. Next, you have to click on the search criteria which include:
- Business entity name
- Business entity ID number (not the FEIN)
- Resident agent’s full name
- Resident agent’s name; keyword
4. Assuming you’ll search by name, click on “By business entity name” and type in the name in the “Name of Business” field. For this example, let’s type in the name “Embarq” (see the screenshot below for reference).
5. Click on the “Search” button. The Results Page will then appear (it will be similar to the screenshot below).
6. Click on the “View Record” button to access more information about the entity.
7. If you’re the owner of an entity, you can update its name, mailing address, and Resident Agent, as well as file reports in the Business Summary Page.
Information on the Kansas (KS) SOS
As one of the constitutional offices of the state, the Secretary of State of Kansas oversees various public and governmental functions.
The current officeholder is Kris Kobach. He has been the Secretary of State of Kansas since 2011.
Apart from being the custodian of the Great Seal of the State, there are numerous public affairs that the Secretary of State of Kansas takes care of. He safeguards the public archives, issues licenses and gives authorizations.
The responsibilities of the Kansas SOS include electoral, economic and administrative duties.