Kansas Business Corporation Registry Search
The Business Corporation Registry has records of all the business corporate which are registered under the Secretary of State of Kansas. But it is to be noted that the Kansas SOS doesn’t register fictitious names or proprietorship or trademarks or trade names.
The Kansas SOS is the recorder of registered Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnership.
Kansas Business Entity Search
The Kansas Secretary of State facilitates an online tool where users can search for the registered business entities with the Secretary of State of Kansas.
Below are some simplified guidelines to help you with your search for the details of business corporate registered with the Kansas SOS.
- Clicks here to begin your search. It will take you to the Business Entity Search Station. The page looks like the screenshot below.
- Next click on the first bullet point, i.e. Business Entity Database. The page which appears looks something like as under.
- Here you have to click on the search criteria which include:
- Search by Entity name
- Search by ID number
- Search by a keyword
- Search by Registered Agent
- Click on the button of your choice to set the search criteria. Let us search an entity based on business entity name. The page is something like given below.
- Now type in the business name in the field. For a sample let us type in the name Embarq.
Refer to the screenshot below for a clearer illustration:
- Click on the Search button for the result page to follow which is similar to the screenshot below.
- Click on the View record button to get access to authorized information about the entity.
- In the record page you can change the file name online, update your mailing address, update the Resident Agent and file reports of the entity you are searching for.
Information on SOS Kansas (KS)
One of the constitutional offices of the US state of Kansas, the Secretary of State of Kansas, has its wings widely spread to look after the various affairs of the state.
The current office holder of the Kansas Secretary of State is Kris Kobach who has been elected since January 2010 and is a republican.
Apart from being the custodian of the Great Seal of the State, there are numerous public affairs that the Secretary of State of Kansas takes care of. He is the keeper of the public archives, issues licenses and gives authorizations.
The responsibilities of the Kansas SOS can be broadly classified into the following:
- Electoral Duties
- Administrative Duties