Louisiana Business Corporation Registry Search
The business corporation registry of the Louisiana Secretary of State comes under the Commercial Division of the same. The commercial division is responsible for the registration of business corporate within the state. It also administers trademark laws and authorizations to business entities.
The Business Corporation registry has records of all business entities that are registered with the Secretary of State of Louisiana and has details of their filing, authorization and status. The registry stores information for the following type of entities:
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Louisiana Business Entity Search :
The online search tool of the Louisiana SOS allows the user to search the database for any kind of corporate entity that has been registered with the same.
To avail the facility, you need to have any one or all of the following information with you:
- Entity Name
- Chartered Number or the trade registration number
- Office name or the agent name
Follow the guidelines below to perform the search for registered corporate entities in Louisiana:
- Click on this link to go to the search page which looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Type in the field on which you have information. Let us perform a sample search by typing in the Business Entity name in the appropriate field. Here the entity name keyed in is “Crown Crafts”. Let us have a look at the screenshot for the same.
- Now click on the search button. You will soon arrive at the result page which looks like as given below.
- Now click on the Details button. The page that follows will give you further information regarding the entity you are searching for. Details on charter number, registration date, domicile address etc. will be displayed as shown in the screenshot below.
Information on SOS Louisiana (LA)
The Secretary of State of Louisiana is one of the elected government officials of the US state and was created by the Louisiana Constitution.
The current office holder of the Louisiana Secretary of State is Tom Schedler who is a Republican and succeeded the incumbent republican Jay Dradenne.
Apart from the regular duty that the Louisiana SOS serves, it is also the person in charge for the following eight divisions of the state.
- The Elections Division
- Louisiana State Archives
- The Commission Division
- The Commercial Division
- The Museums Division
- The Notary Division
- The Voters Outreach Division
- The Publications Division