Maine Business Corporation Registry Search
The Maine Business Corporation registry acts as the repository for all business records and files that are registered with the Maine Secretary of State. It acts as a recorder to all the following types of corporate entities that are registered with the state:
- Business Corporations
- Non Profit Corporations
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited liability Partnerships
- General Partnerships
Maine Business Entity Search
The online search tool of the Maine SOS provides you with the basic information regarding the entity you are searching for absolutely free of cost. You can have access to the file documents and the other authorization records of the business entities registered under the Maine Secretary of State.
To perform the search of the entities, you need to know one of the following:
- Corporate Name
- Charter Number
Read on to make your search process easier. Every step is illustrated by screenshots or images describing the same.
- Click here to go to the search page. The page that appears looks like the screenshot below.
- Click on Corporate Search. You will arrive at a page which looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Let us perform a sample search by business entity name. Enter a name which you want to be contained in the entity name. For example, let us key in “Renys” in the appropriate field. You can also perform your search by Charter Number. The screenshot below illustrates the same.
- Click on Click Here to Search. The result page will show you the entities name containing word “Renys” in them. Let us have a look at the screenshot below.
- Click on Information Summary below each business entity name to view further details about the same. The page that appears looks like the same as shown below.
The page gives you details about legal name, charter number, filing type, status, filing date, expiration date, jurisdiction, registered agent etc.
Information on SOS Maine (ME)
The Secretary of State of Maine is elected by the Legislature of the US state. The office is held initially for a two year tenure and the Maine Constitution forms the basis of the office.
The current incumbent is Mathew Dunlap who was sworn in January 2013 and had already served the office from January 2005 to 2011.
The Maine Secretary of State is the keeper of the seal of the state and also guards the public records and archives. Apart from these, the Maine SOS is responsible for heading elections, administering vehicle licenses, safeguarding the Maine archives and also is the person in charge for chartering corporations in the state.