Massachusetts Business Corporation Registry Search
The Massachusetts State Corporation Registry acts as the recorder of all the corporate entities that are registered with the Secretary of State of Massachusetts. The corporate database is a storehouse of the documents and filings of business entities that are incorporated in the state. The registry holds records of the following types of entities in the state:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
Massachusetts Business Entity Search
If you are trying to find information about any business entity that is headquartered in Massachusetts, then you are at the right place. The online tool of the Massachusetts SOS allows you to search for any entity that has its incorporation in the state.
To perform the search you need to have any of the credentials below:
- Entity Name
- Individual Name
- Identification Number
- Filing Number
Read on the guidelines below to take out the best from your search.
- Click here to go to the search page. The page which appears looks similar to the screenshot below.
- On the search page, first select the search criteria, whether you want to search by Business Entity name, individual name, identification number or filing Number. Select the appropriate button. In the screenshot below, we have selected entity name.
- Type in the entity name in the appropriate field. For a sample, let us type “Country Curtains” in the Entity Name field. The screenshot illustrates the process better.
- Now it’s time to select the search type. From the drop down menu select begin with, exact match, full text or soundex. Here we have kept it begin with. Let us refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on the Search Corporations button. The result page will appear with entities beginning with the name Country Curtains. Refer to the below screenshot.
- Click on the entity name for further details like identification number, the information summary of the entity and annual reports for download.
- You can also request certificate for an entity by clicking on the request Certificate button.
Information on SOS Massachusetts (MA)
The Secretary of the Commonwealth for Massachusetts equivalent to the Secretary of State is a position created under the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Secretary of State of Massachusetts is also the principle public information official of the US state.
The current office holder is William F. Galvin who is serving his sixth term in the office now. He was first elected to the position in 1994 and won re-elections in the years 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014 consecutively.
The Secretary of the State of Massachusetts, apart from being in charge of the various public affairs like licenses, authorizations, guardian of the public archives and documents, oversees the following departments as well.
- The Corporations Division
- The Archives of the Massachusetts
- The Election Division
- The State Record Centre
- The Public Records Division
- The Securities Division
- The Massachusetts Historical Commission