Michigan Business Corporation Registry Search :
The corporate division of the Michigan Secretary of State deals with the filing and authorizing of entities in the state. The registry maintained by the SOS records every filings and incorporations of business entities that happens in the state. The registry has records and information of the following in it:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Michigan Business Entity Search :
The online search tool for finding registered business entities in Michigan has proved to be very helpful indeed for collecting information on any business entity in the state. For your search to continue, you need to have the entity name or the corporate I’d handy.
Further, you can always choose from the following to narrow down the search:
- Name in the Database
- Keyword in the database
- Identification number
Here we present a detailed guideline on how to search the database for an entity:
- Click here to go to the search page. The page looks something like the screenshot below.
- Choose from the narrowing options by clicking on the radio buttons.
- Type in the entity name or entity ID in the field. Assuming you have decided to search by entity name, let us type in “Ford” in the field. Let us have a look at the screenshot below to make the process clear.
- Click on search and the result page with a list of Business entities containing the name “Ford” will appear. The page looks like the screenshot below.
- Click on an entity name and detailed information on the same will appear on the page that follows.
Information on SOS Michigan (MI)
The Secretary of State of Michigan is the administrative body for the Michigan Department of State. The Secretary of State of Michigan is elected on a partisan ballot system for a term of four years in gubernatorial election. The Michigan Secretary of State is the third ranking official in the US state of Michigan.
The current Secretary of State of Michigan is Ruth Johnson.
The duty of the Secretary of State of Michigan is mostly related to those of State Government. In an event when both the Governor and the Lieutenant Governor is absent from duty, the Secretary of State of Michigan takes over their positions. Apart from these, the Michigan Secretary of State of Michigan is also in charge of monitoring vehicles in the state and also authenticating public documents. The Michigan SOS is also the custodian of the Great Seal of the State.