Michigan Business Corporation Registry Search:
Updated: February 16th, 2017
The Corporations Division of the Corporations, Securities, & Commercial Licensing Bureau under the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs deals with the filing and authorizing of entities in the state. The registry maintained by the Division records every filings and incorporations of business entities in the state. The registry has records and information of the following entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Michigan Business Entity Search:
The online search tool for finding registered business entities in Michigan has proved to be very helpful indeed for collecting information on any business entity in the state. For your search to continue, you need to have the entity name or the corporate ID handy.
Furthermore, you can choose from the following to narrow down your search:
- Name in the Database
- Keyword in the database
- Identification number
Here, we present a detailed guideline on how to search the database for a business entity.
1. Click here to go to the Search Page (it will look like the screenshot below).
2. Narrow your search options by clicking on the radio buttons.
3. Type in the entity name or entity ID in the field. Assuming you have decided to search by entity name, let’s type in “Ford” in the field (see the screenshot below for reference).
4. Click on “Search” and the Results Page with a list of business entities containing the name “Ford” will appear.
5. If you want more information on an entity, click on its name. A page will then appear showing more of its details.
Information on SOS Michigan (MI) Corporations Division
The Corporations Division is the branch of the Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau in charge of business filings and records. The Bureau itself is under the responsibility of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
The current Secretary of State of Michigan is Ruth Johnson, elected to office in 2011, and serving until present.
The Corporations Division registers and records entities desiring to do business in the state. It also maintains an archive containing the details of such corporate and business entities.