Nevada Business Corporation Registry Search
The Commercial recording division of the Nevada Secretary of State deals with the filing and authorization of business entities in the state. Every commercial incorporation happening in Nevada is recorded in the business registry to refer to when required. The entities that are recorded in the registry are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Nevada Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of Nevada facilitates an online search tool for finding registered business entities in the state.
You can avail the online search tool provided you have the following credentials handy with you:
- Business Name
- Business Number
- NV Business ID
- Office Name
- Registered Agent Name
Here we present an illustration of how to conduct the search. Read on to understand the process:
- Click here to go to the search page. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Select the method of search from the drop down menu. Assuming you have selected entity name, type in the business entity name in the appropriate field. Let us key in “Janet” for a sample search. The screenshot below makes the process clear.
- Now choose the sorting options from the drop down menu. Choose from relevance, business entity name, business id, type or status.
- Click on the search button and the result page will soon appear as shown in the screenshot below. The results are based on relevance.
- Click on an entity name to get further details on the same like status, type, qualifying status, entity number etc. Have a look at the screenshot below.
Information on SOS Nevada (NV)
The Secretary of State of Nevada is one of the highest constitutional offices in the US state of Nevada. It is a statewide elected office and was introduced by the Constitution of Nevada.
The present Secretary of State of Nevada is Barbara Cegavske, a Republican who was elected in 2014. Cegavske was preceded by Ross Miller who served the office from 2007 to 2015.
The Secretary of State of Nevada holds custody of the Seal of the state and is authorized to authenticate and attest public documents by the use of the seal. He is also the keeper of the public archives and the public records. The Nevada Secretary of Stare heads the following divisions in the state:
- The Election Division
- The Commercial Recording Division
- The Securities Division
- The Notary Division
- The Operations Division