Nevada Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 16th, 2017
The Commercial Recordings Division of the Nevada Secretary of State deals with the filing and authorization of business entities in the state. Every incorporation in Nevada is recorded by the Division. The entities that can be incorporated in Nevada are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Nevada Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of Nevada facilitates an online search tool for finding registered business entities in the state.
You can use the online search tool, provided you have one of the following credentials handy with you:
- Business Name
- Business Number
- NV Business ID
- Office Name
- Registered Agent Name
Here, we present a simple guideline of how to conduct the search. Read on to understand the process better:
1. Click here to go to the Search Page. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
2. Select the method of search from the drop down menu. Assuming you have selected entity name, type in the business entity name in the appropriate field. Let us key in “Janet” for a sample search (See the screenshot below for reference).
3. Now choose the sorting options from the drop down menu. Choose from “Relevance”, “Business Entity Name”, “Business ID”, “Type” or “Status”.
4. Click on the “Search” button and the Results Page will soon appear (as shown in the screenshot below). The results are based on relevance.
5. Click on an entity name to get further details on the same like status, type, qualifying status, entity number, etc. (see the screenshot below for reference).
Information on Nevada (NV) SOS
The Secretary of State of Nevada is one of the highest constitutional offices in the state of Nevada. It is a statewide-elected office created by the Constitution of Nevada.
The present Secretary of State of Nevada is Barbara Cegavske, a Republican who was elected in 2015. Cegavske was preceded by Ross Miller who served the office from 2007 to 2015.
The Secretary of State of Nevada holds custody of the Seal of the State and is authorized to use it to authenticate and attest public documents. She is also the keeper of the public archives and public records. The Nevada Secretary of State heads the following divisions in the state:
- The Election Division
- The Commercial Recording Division
- The Securities Division
- The Notary Division
- The Operations Division