New Jersey Business Corporation Registry Search
The business corporation registry is the recorder of every business and corporate entities that are incorporated in the state. The registry has all the filing and regulatory information stored in it which has given it the shape of a database. The various types of entities that have their information stored in the registry are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
New Jersey Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of New Jersey facilitates an online business entity search tool that lets you search the database for any entity that is headquartered in the state. The type of search that can be done are as follows:
- Business Name
- Entity ID
- Principal Name
- Registered Agent
- Associated Name
Read on the following step by step procedure which will assist you in your search for registered entities in New Jersey.
- Click here to go to the search page. The search page is similar to the screenshot illustrated below.
- Choose the type of search by clicking on one of the radio buttons. Here we have selected Business Name. Have a look at the screenshot below.
- Type in the business name in the field. For a sample search, let us key in “CardCash” in the business name field. The screenshot below shows the same.
- Click on Continue and the result page with a list of company names would appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- You can order copies and status reports by clicking on the buttons in the result page itself.
Information on SOS New Jersey (NJ)
The Secretary of State of New Jersey is the constitutional office in the US state New Jersey. The Secretary of State of New Jersey oversees the duties of the Department of State of New Jersey which is the original office of the state.
The current Secretary of State of New Jersey is Kim Guadagno.
The Secretary of State of New Jersey is the guardian of the Great Seal of the State. Apart from this, the New Jersey Secretary of State is the regulatory body for the state archives and is the keeper of the public records.
The various divisions where the Secretary of State of New Jersey plays a significant role are as follows:
- Business and Commercial Division
- Elections Division
- Council on Arts
- The Historic Commission
- The State Planning Commission