New York Business Corporation Registry Search:
Updated: February 16th, 2017
Any business or corporate incorporations happening in the state, all records and details can be found in the Division of Corporations, State Records and UCC of the New York Secretary of State. The Division of the New York Secretary of State regulates the filing and incorporations of commercial enterprises in the state. The database contains records of the following:
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
New York Business Entity Search:
If you are looking for business entities registered with the Secretary of State of New York, you have come to the right place. An online search tool provided by the Secretary of State of New York helps you find any business entity that is headquartered in the state.
Assuming you have the business entity name handy, you can read our detailed guideline below on how to use the database.
1. Click here to go to the Search Page. The page looks something like the screenshot below.
2. Enter the entity name in the appropriate field. To conduct a sample search, let’s type in “Bloom” in the “Business Entity Name” field (see the screenshot below for reference).
3. Specify the “Status Type” and “Search Type” (these search criteria are mandatory).
4. Click on the “Search Database” button; the Results Page containing a list of entities will then appear. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
5. Click on the name of the entity to access more details like filing date, jurisdiction, address, etc. (it will look something like the screenshot below).
Aside from filing annual reports, you can also order a Certificate of Good Standing for an entity online.
Information on the New York (NY) SOS
The Secretary of State of New York is one of the cabinet officers in the state of New York. The Department of State of New York elects the Secretary of State after every four years.
The current Secretary of State of New York is Rossana Rosado, a Democrat. She has been serving in the position since February 2016.
The Secretary of State of New York is the custodian to the Great Seal of the State. She is authorized to attest any governmental documents using the seal. The New York Secretary of State is also in charge of regulating certain laws and protocols in the state like election rules, regulating incorporations, and issuing protocols for vehicles and others.