New York Business Corporation Registry Search :
Any business or corporate incorporations happening in the state, all records and details regarding the same would be found in the Business Corporation Registry of the New York Secretary of State. The business services division of the New York SOS regulates the filing and incorporations of commercial enterprises in the city. The registry contains records of the following:
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
New York Business Entity Search :
If you are looking for finding business entities registered with the Secretary of State of New York, you have come to the right place. An online search tool provided by the Secretary of State of New York helps you find any corporation that is headquartered in the state.
Assuming you have the business entity name handy, mentioned below is a detailed guideline for how to search the database for an entity.
- Click here to go to the search page. The page looks something like the screenshot below.
- Key in the entity name in the appropriate field. To conduct a sample search, let us type in “Alcoa” in the entity name field. Have a look at the screenshot below.
- Specify the Status Type and the Search Type which are mandatory.
- Click on the Search Database button and the result page containing a list of entities will appear. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Click on business entity name to view further details on the same like filing date, jurisdiction, address etc. The page looks like the screenshot illustrated below.
You can also order for certificate of good standing for an entity along with filing online reports for the same.
Information on SOS New York (NY)
The Secretary of State of New York is one of the cabinet officers in the New York Government of State. The Department of State of New York elects the Secretary of State after every four years.
The current Secretary of State of New York is Cesar A. Peralesis, who has been serving the office since 2011.
The Secretary of State of New York is the custodian to the Great Seal of the State. He is authorized to attest any governmental documents using the seal. The New York Secretary of State is also in charge of regulating certain laws and protocols in the state like election rules, regulating incorporations and issuance of protocols for vehicles and others.