Ohio Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
Beside registering business entities and corporations in the state, the Business Services Division of the Ohio Secretary of State also maintains a database where the details of every corporate entity registered with the Ohio Secretary of State is recorded. The filing and authorization details are also stored in the database for reference. The Business Services Division has details recorded for the following types of corporate entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Foreign Entities
Ohio Business Entity Search
With the online registered business entity search tool facilitated by the Secretary of State of Ohio, you can search the database for any registered corporate entity in the state. For your search to continue, you need to have the at least one of the following information handy with you:
- Business Name
- Business Status
- Entity Type
Here is a step-by-step detailed discussion to assist you in your search process. Read on to understand the process better:
1. Click here to go to the Search Page for the registered business entities in Ohio. The page looks similar to the screenshot below:
2. Let us conduct a sample search using an entity name as an example. Key in the entity name (example, “Diebold“) in the “Business Name” field.
3. Click on the “Search” button. A list of entities with the name would appear on the page that follows (along with their different details like entity number, status, type, location, filing date, expiry, agent name etc.). The Results Page would appear as in the screenshot below.
You can also download the business entity list from the page.
Information on SOS Ohio (OH)
The Secretary of State of Ohio is an elected constitutional office within the state of Ohio. The term of office of the Ohio Secretary of State is four years (with a two-term limit).
Presently, the Secretary of State of Ohio is Jon A. Husted.
The Ohio Secretary of State is responsible for a broad set of responsibilities. He administers public rules and oversees the public affairs of the state. He is also the chief of the Elections Division of the state. The Secretary of State of Ohio is the person in charge for registering and authorizing entities to open business in the state.