Oklahoma Business Corporation Registry Search
The Secretary of State of Oklahoma is the sole in charge of the filing and authorization of any business entity in the state. The office administers policies and rules regarding the setting up of a business or corporate entity in the state and also maintains a record of the same in its registry. In short, the business registry has well maintained records of every Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnership in it.
Oklahoma Business Entity Search
The online business entity search tool provided by the Secretary of State of Oklahoma lets you search the database and gather information about any entity that is registered with the Oklahoma SOS. To search the database using the online search tool, you need to have the entity name handy.
We have outlined the detailed procedure for searching a corporation in the Oklahoma SOS database. Read on for a better understanding:
- Click here to go to the search page for finding a corporate entity registered with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. The search page looks like the screenshot below.
- Type in the business entity name in the field provided. Let us type in “LSB industries” in the field. The screenshot illustrates the step better.
- Click on Search button and the result page containing a list of entities with the name given would appear along with filing number, type and status as shown below.
- On clicking a filing number you can get access to detailed information about the entity belonging to it. The screenshot below shows the same.
- You can also go for advanced search by clicking on the advanced search button in the search page. The page that follows has numerous search narrowing options as shown in the screenshot below.
Information on SOS Oklahoma (OK)
The Office :
The Secretary of State of Oklahoma is the member of the Cabinet of the Oklahoma Government and is also the chief clerical officer of the state. The Secretary of the State of Oklahoma is the only appointed constitutional office in the state and is the executive branch of the Oklahoma State Government.
The current and the 33rd Secretary of State of Oklahoma is Chris Benge who was appointed by Governor Mary Fallin.
Apart from the general duties that the Oklahoma Secretary of State serves like guarding the Seal of the State and administering public rules and taking care of the public affairs, his duties are broadly divided into the following divisions:
- Executive Division
- Legislative Division
- Certification Division
- Judicial Division