Oregon Business Corporation Registry Search
The Corporate Division of the Oregon Secretary of State is responsible for a number of actions related to the incorporating of business entities in the state. The corporation registry of the Oregon SOS acts as a recorder of all those Business Entities that are or once were headquartered in Oregon. The registry contains filing and authorization details of the companies based in the state. It contains information of the following types of corporate entities in the state:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Oregon Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of Oregon facilitates an online business entities search tool for use of the public where one can get access to the details of the corporate entity one is searching for. Once you have the business entity name or the registry number handy, you can easily get through the information you want.
Read on our detailed guidelines which will asisst you in the same:
- Click here to go to the search page. You will come across a webpage which looks something like this.
- Key in the business entity name or the business registration number whichever you have handy. Let us conduct a sample search using business entity name. Type in “Mentor Graphics” in the field of Business Name. The screenshot below illustrates the process with clarity.
- Now click on the Search for Business Name button. Soon the result page will follow which looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Click on an entity name in the result page to get further details about the same. A page carrying information on Entity name, type, status, registration date, address etc. will appear. Refer to the screenshot below.
Information on SOS Oregon (OR)
The Secretary of State of Oregon is an elected constitutional office in the US state of Oregon. The office lies in first line of succession to the Governor of the state. The current Secretary of State of Oregon is Jeanne Atkins who is a democrat and was appointed to the office by the Governor of the state, Kate Brown in March 2015. Since she was not elected but appointed, she has no right to be in the succession line of the Governor and the first line to governorship goes to Treasurer, Ted Wheeler.
Generally, the Oregon Secretary of State takes care of the public accounts and takes responsibility of the public administration. The main divisions in which the Oregon SOS plays a dynamic role are as follows:
- Archives Division
- Corporate Division
- Audit Division
- Election Division
- Executive Division