Pennsylvania Business Corporation Registry Search
The business corporation registry of the Pennsylvania Secretary of State acts as the recorder of any business entity that is registered with the state. The Secretary of State is responsible for authorizing and filing entity with the Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania SOS also administers policies and rules for the formation of new entities in the state. The registry has information about the following types of entities registered with the Pennsylvania SOS:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Pennsylvania Business Entity Search
Using the online search tool for business entities registered with Pennsylvania, you can search the database of the SOS for the same. Here we present a detailed outline of the procedure to assist you in your search.
In the search page there are options to narrow down your search results. Choose from the following to narrow your search:
- Starting With
- All words
- Any words
- Corporate Name Availability
- Exact match
Read on to understand the process better:
- Click here to go to the search page for searching business entities registered with the Pennsylvania SOS. The page looks like the screenshot below.
- Key in the corporate entity name in the search field. The search is conducted assuming the search criteria starting with. Let us type in “Amekor” as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on Search button. The results page with a list of entities along with their entity number, type and status will be shown as in the screenshot below.
- Click on the entity name to get into further details as shown in the screenshot below.
Information on SOS Pennsylvania (PA)
The Secretary of State of Pennsylvania is also known as the Secretary of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. An elected constitutional office, the Secretary of State of Pennsylvania is responsible for a wide set of public responsibilities.
Currently, the office is headed by Carol Aichele.
The Secretary of State of Pennsylvania is the keeper of the Great Seal of the State and is also responsible for authenticating public documents. The Secretary of State of Pennsylvania has the authority of certifying government documents through the use of the seal. He is also the chief election official of the state.