Puerto Rico Business Corporation Registry Search
The Puerto Rico business corporation registry is the record house of corporate entities that are or were headquartered in the US state. All details like filing date, type, status and authorization details can be found in the registry for the following entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Partnership
- Foreign Entities
Puerto Rico Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of Puerto Rico facilitates an online search tool for the registered business entities in the state where users can get all the details related to entities that are registered with the Puerto Rico SOS. The databases can be searched provided you have the registration number or the business entity name available with you.
Below is illustrated a detailed guideline to assist you in your search for the registered entity in the Puerto Rico.
- Click on this Link which will take you to the search page for finding any registered corporate entity in the state. The page which follows looks similar to the screenshot given below.
- Key in the business entity name or the registration number whichever is handy. You can narrow down your search by choosing from the drop down menu. Let us assume the search is conducted using the business entity name. Key in the entity name, say, “Fina Air”, with the search criteria chosen as Starting With. Let us have a look at the screenshot illustrating the same.
- Click on Search Active Entities Only for showing entities that are active and running at present or Search All entities. Let us perform a search for all entities. The result page would soon appear which looks like the screenshot below.
- Click on the name of corporations to get further details as shown below.
Information on SOS Puerto Rico (PR)
The Secretary of State of Puerto Rico is also known as the Lieutenant Governor of the state and has a broad set of responsibilities to serve. The position was created by the Constitution of Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rico Secretary of State is appointed by the governor. In the absence of the Governor or when he is unable to perform his duties, the Secretary of State of Puerto Rico serves as the acting governor.
The current office holder is David Bernier.
The Secretary of State of Puerto Rico is responsible for a broad set of duties that include promoting culture, economy and education in the state along with strengthening the relation of the state with other nations.
In the recent times, the Secretary of State of Puerto Rico has also evolved into the position of a foreign minister looking after the relations of the state with others and also promoting his own state in various fields.