South Carolina Business Corporation Search
The business corporation registry of the South Carolina Secretary of State is engaged with keeping well maintained records of any Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Partnership those are registered with the same. The registry has filing details of every corporate entity that are or were incorporated in the US state of South Carolina.
South Carolina Business Entity Search
If you are into finding details of any business entity headquartered in South Carolina and registered with the Secretary of State of South Carolina, then you have arrived at the right place. Often searching for a business entity in the database of the SOS is a gruesome task. Here we have strived to make this process simpler by illustrating the search procedure in a simplified step by step manner to assist you in your search.
To search for a registered entity in the South Carolina SOS database, you need to know either the corporate name or the registered identity.
Read on to continue with the search:
- Click here and the search page for finding registered business entities in South Carolina would appear. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Type in the corporation name or the registered agent in their respect fields. If you are typing in corporation name, specify the search criteria to narrow down your results for the same. Choose from begins with or contains. Assuming you have chosen corporation name with the search criteria as Begins with, let us type Fatz in the field for corporation name. Refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on Search button and the result page will appear which looks like the screenshot below.
- Click on the corporation name in the result page. Further details about the same will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
Information on SOS South Carolina (SC)
The office of the Secretary of State of South Carolina is an elected constitutional office which is responsible for serving many areas of the state.
The current Secretary of State of South Carolina is Mark Hammond who has been serving the office since 2003.
The Secretary of State of South Carolina is responsible for a wide set of duties. He is in charge of maintaining a clear record of the corporations based in South Carolina and is also authorized to issue cable franchise applications and certifications, issue annexure for lands, administer trademarks and trade names. Generally the duties of the Secretary of State of South Carolina are divided among the following five divisions of the state.
- Business Filings Division
- Notaries Division
- Charities Division
- Trademarks Division
- Cable franchise