South Dakota Business Corporation Search
The Business Corporation registry is maintained by the Business Services division of the South Dakota Secretary of State. Along with filing and registering of business entities and corporate in the state, it also has a well maintained record of every detail of every entity that is registered with the Secretary of State of South Dakota. The database has information regarding the following types of corporations in the state:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
South Dakota Business Entity Search
The online business entity search tool provided by the Secretary of State of South Dakota lets you search the database for any of the business entities that are incorporated in South Dakota.
If you are into the same, here is a detailed guideline for the same:
First of all to begin your search, you need to know at least one of the following:
- Corporate Name
- Corporate Identity
- Entity Details
- Registered Agent
Read to get a clearer picture of the search process:
- Click here to go to the search page for finding registered entities in South Dakota. The search page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Assuming you want to precede the search with Corporate Name, type in the sane, say, “Dakota Styles”. Let us have a look at the screenshot below.
- Click on search and the result page with a list of business entities given along with their brief details like ID, status, type and standing will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- You can get to know further details about an entity by clicking on the Corporate ID.
You can get a certificate of good standing by ordering for the same for a small fee. There are also facilities to fine online reports for a company. You can also do online filing to set up a new company or entity in South Dakota.
Information on SOS South Dakota (SD)
The Secretary of State of South Dakota is an elected constitutional officer in the US state of South Dakota. It is an executive position which looks after the various matters of the state.
The current Secretary of State of South Dakota is Shantel Crabs who replaced the previous incumbent Jason Gant.
The Secretary of State of South Dakota is responsible for maintaining the public documents. He also registers state lobbyists and administers rules and policies to corporations. The various divisions of the state which the Secretary of State of South Dakota serves are as follows:
- Business Services Division
- Administrative Division
- Elections Division