Tennessee Business Corporation Registry Search
Being the chartering agent for corporations and business entities, the Secretary of State of Tennessee also maintains a business corporation register which holds records of every corporate entity that are incorporated in the state. All the filing and authorisation details of the entities headquartered in the state are stored in the same registry for reference. The registry acts as the recorder for the following types of entities that are registered with the Tennesse SOS.
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited companies
- Limited partnership
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Foreign Entities
Tennessee Business Entity Search
You are at the right place if you are looking for registered entities in the US state of Tennesee. Here we will guide you towards searching for a business entity in the online database of the Secretary of State of Tennesee. The online business search tool facilitated by the SOS is a great tool to find details of corporates and business entities in the state.
For your search to begin, you must have one of the following information handy:
- Entity Name
- Control number
Go through the detailed guidelines below that will assist you in your search:
- Click here to go to the search page for finding registered business entities in the state. The search page looks something like the screenshot below.
- You can search for the entities using entity name or control. Let us conduct a sample search assuming you have chosen entity name as the criteria. Type in the entity name, say, “DeRoyal“. You can narrow down your search by clicking on Starting With or Contains. The search can also be reduced by choosing active corporations only. Let us have a look at the screenshot.
- Click on the search button and the result page will appear with a list of entities as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the control number of any business entity to get further details about the same like status, filing date, authorization details and address. The screenshot below refers to the same.
Information on SOS Tennessee (TN)
The Secretary of State of Tennessee is an elected post within the US state of Tennesse created by the constitution of the state. The Tennessee Secretary of State is one of the three constitutional offices in the state of Tennessee other than the Governor of the state. The office holds no constitutional limits of terms of how many times one can be selected to this post.
The current office holder is Tee Hargett.
The Secretary of State of Tennessee forms a part of the Legislative branch of the state and not the executive branch. The various duties of the Secretary of State of Tennessee include the following:
- Chartering of Corporations
- Registering trade marks and service marks
- Administering Elections