Utah Business Corporation Registry Search
The business corporation registry is maintained by the business service division of the Secretary of State of Utah. The registry records all the details like filing, authorization, status, type etc. of entities that are registered with the Secretary of State of State of Utah. The type of entities that are registered with the Utah SOS and are recorded in the registry are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnership
- Limited Companies
- Limited Liability Partnership
Utah Business Entity Search
The online business search tool facilitated by the Lieutenant Governor of Utah provides you with the choice of finding any business entity or corporate that is registered with the same. Here, we present a detailed step by step guideline of how to search the online database of the Utah Secretary of State.
To perform the search, you need to know the business name or entity number or the executive name of the entity you want to find.
Read on to understand the process better :
- Click here to go to the search page for finding the registered business entities in Utah. The search page looks like the screenshot below.
- Choose the method by which you want to search the database. Assuming you have chosen Business name, let us type, say,“Gossner Foods”, in the business name field. Let us have a look at the screenshot below.
- Click on the Search button. The result page will soon appear with a list of entities along with brief information about the same as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on Details for further details about an entity. The page is as shown in the screenshot below.
For a search using executive name, a small fee will be charged.
Information on SOS Utah (UT)
There is no Secretary of State in the US state of Utah. Instead there is the Office of Lieutenant Governor in Utah. All the duties that are served by the Secretary of State in the other states are served by the Lieutenant Governor in Utah. The Lieutenant Governor of State was only created in 1975. Prior to the creation, the Governor was succeeded by the Secretary of State of Utah.
Spencer Cox is the current Lieutenant Governor of Utah or the Secretary of State of Utah.
The duties of the Secretary of State of Utah include overseeing the public affairs of the state and guarding the Great Seal of the State. The Lieutenant Governor of the state or the Secretary of the State has the authority to attest government documents using the great seal of the state. The statutory duties of the lieutenant governor include overseeing of the Notary public, authentication of documents and keeping a record and regulating the registered lobbyists.