Virginia Business Corporation Registry Search
The business registry is the record of the registered business and corporate entities in the US state of Virginia. The record has information regarding the filing name and registration details of the following types of business entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Non profit organization
- Foreign entities
Virginia Business Entity Search
If you are looking for a registered business entity in the US state of Virginia, then you are at the right place. Here we provide you a detailed guideline for assisting you in your search.
For conducting the search, you need to have the business or corporate entity name or the business identification number handy.
Read on to get a clear illustration of the process for finding a registered entity with Virginia Secretary of State.
- Click on this link to go to the search page for finding any registered business entity with the Virginia SOS. The search page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Type in the business entity name or the business id in the appropriate field.
Let us conduct a search assuming you have the business name’ handy. Let us type in “Biovista“. The screenshot is shown below.
- Now click on reserved or registered names.The result page with the list of entities would appear and the page looks something like the screenshot below.
- Click on the entity name to view further details about the same like entity type, jurisdiction of formation, status, shares authorized and many more.
Information on SOS Virginia (VA)
The Virginia Secretary of State is an elected constitutional office of the US state of Virginia. Like in the state of Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, the Secretary of State of Virginia is also known as the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
The current office holder of the Virginia Secretary of State is Levar Stoney. He also assists the Governor in the appointment of individuals in the board for serving the Commonwealth.
The Secretary of State of Virginia is the keeper of the Seal of the State and is the custodian of the public documents and the archives of the public. The Secretary of the State is also responsible for the issuance of licenses and authorizations to the business entities in the state. The Secretary of State of Virginia also registers lobbyists and is also in charge of authorizing public documents.