Iowa Business Corporation Registry Search:
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Business Service Division of the Iowa Secretary of State acts as the record center for any business entities registered in the state. The Division stores information of the following entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
Iowa Business Entity Search:
The Iowa Secretary of State provides an online tool to search for business entities headquartered in the state.
You need to have the following information with you to start your search on entities registered in the state:
- Business Name
- Business Number
Follow our simple step-by-step guidelines below to make your search easier:
1. Go to the website of the Iowa Secretary of State, then click on “Search Databases”. In the next page, click on “Business Entities”. The page that appears next will be the Search Page.
Alternatively, click here to directly go to the Search Page (see the screenshot below for reference).
2. Key in the Business Name or the Business Number. While it’s not mandatory to fill out all fields, entering information in all fields will give you a more exact result. As an example search by name, let’s type in “Bettrlife” in the “Business name” field (see the screenshot below for reference).
3. Click on the “Search” button and the Results Page will show (it will look something like the screenshot below):
The Results Page will give you information regarding Business Number, Status, and Type of the entity you have searched.
* The online search tool allows you to enter only the first few letters of the entity name. You will then get results of entity names starting with those letters.
* The Division also allows you to file online reports, as well as download online filing forms to form new entities in the state.
Information on the Iowa (IA) SOS
The Iowa Secretary of State is a constitutional office of the state with a term of years. The current office holder is Matt D. Pate. He assumed office in 2015.
The Secretary of State is responsible for a majority of state functions and duties. The Secretary of State’s responsibilities among the the following four divisions:
- Elections and Voter Registrations
- Business Services
- Administrative Services
- Communication and Publications
Apart from the above, the Secretary of the State is also the custodian of the Great Seal of the State and the keeper of public records and archives.