Iowa Business Corporation Registry Search :
The Business Service division of the Iowa Secretary of State acts as the record centre for any business entities registered with the same. The registry stores information of the following:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
Iowa Business Entity Search :
The Iowa SOS provides an online tool to search for business entities headquartered in the state.
You need to have the following credentials with you to start your search for the registered business corporate under the Iowa SOS.
- Business Name
- Business Number
Follow the below mentioned guidelines to make your search easy:
- Go to the website of the Iowa SOS. Click on Search Databases. On the page that follows, click on Business Entities. The page that appears next is your search page. Alternatively, click here to directly go to the search page. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Key in the business entity name or the business number. It’s not mandatory to fill in all fields but keying in all fields will give you a more exact result. Let us make a sample search by keying in business entity name. Type in “Bettrlife” in the business name field. Refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on the Search button and the result page will follow. The result page looks something like below:
The result page will give you information regarding business no, status and type of the entity you have searched.
* The online search tool allows you to enter first few letter of the entity name and you will get results of entity names starting with those letters making your search much broader.
* The business service section also allows you to file online reports or download online filing forms to form new entities in the state.
Information on SOS Iowa (IA)
The Iowa Secretary of State is a constitutional office of the state which is elected every four year.
Currently the office holder is Matt Schultz. The office of the Secretary of State is in the Lucas State Building in Des Moines.
The Secretary of State is responsible for a majority of state functions and duties. Mainly, the functional role of the Secretary of State is divided into the following four divisions:
- Elections and voter registrations
- Business Services
- Administrative Services
- Communication and publications
Apart from the above, the Secretary of the State is also the custodian of the Great Seal of the State. He is also responsible for the public records and archives.