Connecticut Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Connecticut Business Business Services Division keeps detailed information on entities incorporated in the state in its database. You can access the database to view information on entities such as Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships.
To search the database, you need to have at least one of the following information with you:
- Business ID
- Filing Number
Connecticut Business Entity Search
If you are someone looking for information regarding corporations or business entities based in Connecticut, then you are at the right place. We have made the search process easier to understand with our simple guideline below. Just follow the steps on how to use the search tool of the Connecticut Secretary of State.
1. Go to the official website of the Connecticut Secretary of the State and click on the “Business Search” button. In the following page that, click on “Search a Business” (a Search Page will then appear).
See following screenshots to understand the process.
You can directly go to the Search Page by clicking here. The Search Page looks like the screenshot below.
2. Type in the either the Name, Business ID, or Filing Number. It’s not mandatory to key in all the fields, but if you fill in every detail you will get more specific results.
Assuming you’ll conduct the search based on Name, let’s type in “Odyssey Toys“.
3. Click on the “Search” button. The Results Page will then appear showing the Business ID, Status, and Business Address.
4. You can further click on the name in the Results Page to access more information on the entity.
If you want a wild card search, you can put an asterisk symbol followed by the Business Name (for example, *Duracell). All the business entities named “Duracell” will then appear.
Information on the Connecticut (CO) SOS
The Connecticut Secretary of the State is an elected constitutional official of the state. The office is one of the highest government institutions in Connecticut. It is the official keeper of a wide range of government documents and public records in the state.
Presently, the office is headed by Denise W. Merrill. She was re-elected in 2014 after serving the office from 2011 to 2014.
Apart from the usual duties, the Connecticut Secretary of the State is also responsible for the following two departments:
- Legislation and Elections Administration Division
- Business Services Division