Connecticut Business Corporation Registry Search
The Connecticut Business corporation registry has in its database detailed information regarding companies and corporations incorporated in the state. You can avail information regarding Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships.
To search the database you need to have at least one of the following information with you:
- Business ID
- Filing Number
Connecticut Business Entity Search
If you are someone looking for information regarding corporations or business entities based in Connecticut, then you are at the right place. We have made sincere efforts to make this complicated task simplified for you through our detailed guidelines.
Follow the below mentioned steps to use the search tool of the Connecticut Secretary of State effectively.
- Go to the official website of the Connecticut SOS and click on the Business Search button. On the subsequent page that follows, click on Search a Business and the search page will follow up.
The following screenshots will make the process more clear.
You can directly go to the search page by clicking here. The search page looks like the screenshot below.
- Type in the business entity name or business ID or filing number. It’s not mandatory to key in all the fields, but if you fill in every detail you will get sorted results.
Let us for a sample, conduct the search based on Business Name, say, Odyssey Toys.
- Click on Search button. The result page, for Odyssey Toys, in this case, will open showing the Business ID, status along with the Business address.
- You can further click on the Business Name in the result page to get other commercial records of the company.
If you want a wild card search, you can put an asterisk symbol followed by the Business Name. For example, * Duracell. All the business entities named with Duracell will appear.
Information on SOS Connecticut (CO)
The Connecticut Secretary of State is a designate of the Constitutional and General Statutes of Connecticut. The office is one of the highest in order of governmental institutes. It is the official keeper of a wide range of government documents and public records.
Presently, the office is headed by Denise W. Merrill. She was re-elected in 2014 after serving the office from 2011 to 2014.
Apart from the usual duties the office serves, the Connecticut Secretary of State is also responsible for the following two departments:
- The Legislation and Elections Administration Division
- The Commercial Recording Division