North Carolina Business Corporation Registry Search
The business entity registry of the North Carolina Secretary of State acts as a database. The database has all the information stored in it for every entity those are based in North Carolina. The registry is a repository of every minute detail that is related to an entity, starting from its filing to its present status. The registry records details of every Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships that are headquartered in the state.
North Carolina Business Entity Search
If you are out to find details and relevant information on any business entity registered with the North Carolina Secretary of State, you are at the right place. To search the database of the North Carolina Secretary of State through the online search tool provided by the same, you need to have the entity name with you.
Here we have outlined the detailed guidelines to search the database for any entity that is registered with the government of North Carolina.
- Click here and this will take you to the search page for finding entities based in North Carolina. The screenshot for the same is as shown below.
- Specify the search type by choosing one of the radio buttons.
- Type in the entity name in the required field. To conduct a sample search, let us key in “Bloom” in the business name field. Refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on the search button. The result page will soon appear with a list of company names as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on an entity name and a page will appear with detailed information on the same as shown in the screenshot below. The page is also feasible for filing online reports and viewing document filings of an entity.
Information on SOS North Carolina (NC)
The Secretary of State of North Carolina is an elected constitutional office in the US state North Carolina. The office of the Secretary of State of North Carolina heads the Department of State of North Carolina. The term of office is for four years.
The present office holder of the Secretary of State of North Carolina is Ellaine F. Marshall who has been serving the office since 1997.
Unlike most Secretary of States in US, the North Carolina Secretary of State doesn’t oversee the state elections. The position of Secretary of State in North Carolina is only second to that of Governor of the state.
The North Carolina SOS oversees many of the economic and the business operations in the state. The office acts as the record keeper for the Province of Carolina.