North Carolina Business Corporation Registry Search
Updated: February 17th, 2017
The Corporations Division of the North Carolina Secretary of State keeps a database containing information for every entity that are based in the state. The database is a repository of every minute detail that is related to an entity, starting from its filing to its present status. The Division records details of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Companies, Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships that are headquartered in the state.
North Carolina Business Entity Search
If you are out to find details and relevant information on any business entity registered with the North Carolina Secretary of State, you came to the right place. To search the database of the North Carolina Secretary of State using their online search tool, you need to have the entity name with you.
Here, we have outlined the detailed guidelines to search the database for any entity that is registered with the state.
1. Click here to go to the Search Page for finding entities based in North Carolina. The screenshot of the Search Page is shown below.
2. Specify your search by choosing one of the radio buttons.
3. Type in the entity name in the required field. To conduct a sample search, let’s key in “Bloom” as an example in the business name field (see the screenshot below for reference).
4. Click on the “Search” button. The Results Page will soon appear with a list of company names as shown in the screenshot below.
5. After you click on an entity name, a page will appear with detailed information on the entity (refer to the screenshot below). The page is also feasible for filing online reports and viewing document filings of an entity.
Information on SOS North Carolina (NC)
The Secretary of State of North Carolina is an elected constitutional official in the US state North Carolina. The office of the Secretary of State of North Carolina heads the Department of State of North Carolina. The term of office is four years.
The present office holder of the Secretary of State of North Carolina is Elaine F. Marshall who has been serving the office since 1997.
Unlike most Secretary of States in US, the North Carolina Secretary of State doesn’t oversee the state elections. The position of Secretary of State in North Carolina is only second to that of Governor of the state.
The North Carolina SOS oversees many of the economic and the business operations in the state. The office acts as the record keeper for the state.