Missouri Business Corporation Registry Search
The Missouri Business Corporation Registry comes under the Business Services divisions of the Missouri Secretary of State. The registry is an archive of all the businesses and corporate business entities that were or are registered with the Missouri SOS. The registry contains details of filing and authorization of an entity and also mentions the status of the same. The entities which form the content of the corporation registry are:
- Domestic Business Corporations
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Company
- Limited Liability Companies
- Non Profit entities
- Foreign Entities
Sole proprietorships and partnerships do not register with the Secretary of State.
Missouri Business Entity Search
The Missouri Secretary of State facilitates an online business entity search tool for the users where one can get the details of any entity that is incorporated in Missouri. There are search criteria too in the form of radio buttons which include Starting With, All words, Any Word and Exact match.
Read on to get a detailed procedure for your search:
- Click here to go to the search page which looks similar to the screenshot below.
- Select the search criteria by clicking on the radio button. You can select from Business Name , Registered Agent, Name Availability and Charter Number. The screenshot illustrates the same.
- Assuming the search to be based on business name, let us type in Factory Green in the field.
- Choose the appropriate narrowing method and click on search.
- The result page will soon appear with a list of entities carrying the given name. Refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on an entity name to get further details like status, type, filing date etc. The screenshot below illustrates the same.
Information on SOS Missouri (MO)
The Office :
The Secretary of State of Missouri is an elected constitution office in the US state of Missouri. The Missouri Secretary of State is an executive branch of the government of the state and is also responsible for the statutory duties of the same.
The current Secretary of State of Missouri is John Ashcroft.
The office of the Secretary of State acts as the Custodian of the Great Seal of Missouri. This office is also responsible for authenticating public documents and is the keeper of the public archives and records. The divisions which the Secretary of State of Missouri takes care of are as follows:
- Business Services Division
- State Library
- Security and Investigation
- State Archives